Make your own wish lanterns
Valentines is around the corner and what better way to make it more magical than lighting Valentines evening with beautiful sky lanterns.
If you remember the Lantern song from Tangled, that’s exactly the idea. To relieve the moment, here is the said clip from Tangled.
Doesn’t that video make you want to fall in love all over again from the perspective of teen or first love? For those who has not experience it, you dream for it. For those who loved but failed, you wish for the right one. For those already attached, you feel nostalgic. No matter what emotions that video has conjured, it brings back memories of magic, innocence and finding love.
Many establishments already sell sky or wish lanterns. If you’d rather make one on your own, which in itself is a labor of love, I found a couple of references.
* How to make a Tangled lantern tutorial–the easy way
This is a tutorial on how to make an easy paper lantern based on the movie Tangled.
* Chinese Lanterns – Find your perfect Sky lanterns
This site already sells ready-made lanterns. You could check their site for inspiration on patterns and designs to apply on your own lantern.
* Outdoor Lanterns
To create a sky lantern you wil only need a few things, and soon you’ll have your very own, home made sky lantern.
* Make a Sky Lantern
Follow these simple steps and you’ll be releasing your request of choice to the universe in a flash.
To be more inspired and excited to make your own lanterns, check out this gallery of beautiful lanterns photographed from all over the world.
Please remember there are safety hazards when lighting a sky lantern.
* It is never a good idea to release a lantern in a wooded area (nor in a mine zone as was the case in Taiwan), or when it is particularly windy (as their flight path becomes un predicatable).
* Do not let intoxicated, irresponsible individuals, or youngsters handle the lanterns, lest they break them, or burn themselves.
* Lantern litter- like any litter- should always be disposed of safely at the earliest opportunity, but the small wire which will disintegrate at some stage, is far less of a culprit than cans, cigarrette buts, and small bits of plastic from foodstuffs that litter the land.
Check out other wish lantern safety tips to ensure yours and the community’s safety.